Popular Posts

Thursday, April 7, 2011

How Many People Know You, For You?

Are you the same person around everyone you meet? Do you censor yourself towards friend's parents, teachers, etc.?
The truth is all of us have done it one time or another, you want that "first impression" to be great, no matter what it takes. Usually, there are one or two people in your life that know you, 100%, they know all those quirky moments you have had, to the times where you just needed someone to talk to.
But can you think of more than a handful of people that you can call true friends till' the end. I know it sounds goofy, but we should be able to be who we are, when we want to be.

We have all seen, and or heard about the people that follow this ideal of opening yourself to the world, but after they do this, people call them the weird ones..why?
They acted, and told the truth, why are they the ones criticized? -Kat F.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with this a lot. I think people tend to censor themselves a lot because society is so scrutinizing. It is hard to be yourself and fit in completely, therefore is better just to show what everyone wants to see, even if it is not you. I mean I do it all the time but sometimes I want to keep my "quirks" to myself. After all I want to be able to understand myself more than the person next to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, I agree with it 100%. It's like people act differently or more censored in school and then when you see them in a different setting that makes them more comfortable they become a new person. I admire the people who can just be themselves and aren't the least bit ashamed.

    ReplyDelete